Friday, August 5, 2011

Enjoying Our Capital

My beloved travel companion (remember, the one who retired?), Karissa, wanted to spend her birthday in Washington DC over the summer.  I hadn't been back to our nation's capitol since the 8th grade, when I bought a pair of fake Oakley's and got in trouble for throwing oranges at cars parked at our hotel.  Oops.  I'll admit, I was a little worried the city might be a bit boring for the twenty something scene, but silly me, I was wrong...

We quite enjoyed a nice stroll on a warm day to this gem of a tapas restaurant. The sangria was light, fizzy, and delightful.  The small, warm plates, incredibly delicious. I think this restaurant will be a staple for each time I return.


Did a bit of shopping (good sale at Banana Republic), and searched high and low for a comfortable and flattering summer dress in coral (no luck). Drinks beside the river with the fierce and fashionable crowd... And this is my friend Willy - get to know him.


That evening we played with some gentlemen from the FBI in a dark dungeon of a dance club, begging Karissa not to go on a bike ride in the middle of the night.  Needless to say we were in dire need of a greasy breakfast in the morning.  Beignets and bloodies? Yes please!


Thank you darling Willy and Washington DC for a fabulous weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment