Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On the Relay to Hana...

Most people are familiar with the famous Road to Hana in Hawaii, and honeymooners from across the nation commit to their Jeep and the windy road for an enjoyable day of gorgeous sites. Although I did not have a Jeep, I ventured out, a little later in the day than I would have liked, only to discover we would have plenty of company on the road, as we joined the popular "Relay to Hana..."

At first, we groaned thinking about backed up traffic, difficult driving maneuvers to avoid the runners, and the possibility that their vehicles would block our much desired views. But as we pulled up behind the trucks below and had our first encounter, we thought, "Wow, we could not pick a better day to be entertained on this drive..."


We cheered for them as we drove past, waving at Pirates, Disco Queens, Abba, and Monkeys, watching them sweat and struggle around each windy hill and curve. I was amazed! I've never been a runner myself but this is definitely something I could get behind, even train for! It was truly so much fun.

And the view along the way was not bad either... Highly recommended and traveler approved, the 2012 Relay to Hana! Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment