Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Spending a Day in a Hammock

My boyfriend and I decided to take a short trip down to warm weather before Christmas (who couldn't use a little sun before the holidays).  We used our Starwood points to book The Westin in Key West... and after a strenuous drive, and strenuous check in, we explored the city. Key West is a wonderful town full of off-the-beaten path restaurants, and watering holes for debauchery (I won't share any stories about what we did there...).

 The view from our table at the most charming spots we discovered...

However... I must admit that the charm of the city could not compare to the fabulous day we spent crashing the beach at the Casa Marina hotel. We passed by at the recommendation of my parents, and were at awe of its beach scene. It was so wonderful that we returned a second day... grabbed a hammock, and had the most wonderful time staring up at the palm trees and enjoying our beach side concierge...


Think towels refreshed at a whim, cold cucumber slices and Popsicles delivered without ask. A wonderful experience, spent with a wonderful man, and a wonderful view... now I just need a white sand beach, two palms trees, and a hammock for two of my own! Perhaps I should add that to my Santa list for next year...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment